We know social media has an impeccable impact on our daily life. In some cases, social media bring up a massive amount of traffic for a business or a publication. As WordPress is a common CMS platform with a market share of 40% of all websites, anyone can easily imagine the importance of a WordPress social media plugin in a WordPress website undoubtedly.
Suppose you add social media icons or a button or social comment box to your site. In that case, your visitors can easily be redirected to your social media profile, where they can become your followers also build up customer engagement. They will always be up to date with your posts and news, which will be highly beneficial for your brand. Isn’t it amazing? Of course, it is!
This blog will discuss “5 best social media plugin for WordPress,” their best features, and their pricing plans for you.
A Quick Word About WordPress Social Media Plugins
Activating a new WordPress plugin for your website means you are getting some specific new features. You are also increasing the total size of your web pages, which may increase your page loading time and have a destructive impact on the new Google new core web vitals for your website.
You should be informed that using WordPress social media share plugins can be particularly harmful to your website’s performance. So you have to be cautious about using the WordPress social media plugin. Before activating a new social media plugin on your WordPress site, my suggestion is to test your site performance with at least two site performance testing tools. Then install your WordPress social media plugin and rerun the test. This process will assist you in deciding whether you keep or remove the social media plugin for your site performance.
Showcasing the number of social media share or like for a post may prove popularity or authenticity to your audience and influence others to share or likes it too. At the same time, you have to pay attention that shows an official social media shear or likes of a post may increase the page loading time because it has to collect data from an external website through an API request.
Finally, some WordPress social media plugin’s buttons and icon styles can notably slow down a page too. So be cautious and look around with the plugin settings to balance style and performance.
What Types of WordPress Social Media Plugins Do You Need?
There are many WordPress social media plugins to choose from, but they each serve different purposes. So you must know what your needs are before picking one out because not all of them will work for everyone!. Although this isn’t a definitive list, the most popular social media plugins come with some of the following functionalities and advantages:
- A social feed – This feature presents your Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter feed directly on your website. It adds more visuals to your site and previews what people can expect from your actual social page.
- Social sharing buttons – These increase your online appearance considering users find pages and posts they loved, then share them on their social media sites.
- A social media poster- These kinds of social media plugins automate the social posting process. You might automatically share your older blog posts to Facebook, Twitter, or other social media platforms.
- Social icons with links – It’s the easiest way to build your social followings. These features explain to the audience that you have social business pages, and it allows them to click through and follow you.
- Social comments – It helps increase user engagement faster. It also enables the facility to show the user’s comment on the user’s specific social media profile feed and your site.
- A social login page – A social login restriction keeps your site more secure and minimizes spam from robots. At the same time, It’s also more comfortable for customers since they don’t have to make an entirely new username/password combo.
What are the Best WordPress Social Media Plugin
The AddToAny Share Buttons is one of the most popular and best social media plugins for WordPress. It has over 500000 active installations around the world. It will increase your website traffic & engagement by helping people share your posts and pages to any service.
AddToAny Share Buttons is a universal WordPress social media plugin for free. It allows accessing 100+ social media platforms with their stunning icon collection. Users can display these icons before or after their content and in both vertical and horizontal bars (or floating, manually via shortcodes, widgets, or template tags).
AddToAny has Google Analytics integration (access guide) for sharing analytics and track shared links with Bitly and custom URL shorteners. Finally, It is also lightweight and asynchronous to secure quick page load times.
- AddToAny share counters count your Official share alongside your share buttons. And It counters in the same style show numbers directly from primary services.
- AddToAny icons are perfect. It uses scalable vector graphics, which means it loads fast, scalable to any size, mathematically precise, and stunning on High-PPI screens such as Retina and Retina HD displays.
- It used to share any service or add a custom service to share to. AddToAny gets people to the correct destination to share or save your content, whether in a native app or on the web.
- AddToAny has Google Analytics integration (access guide) for sharing analytics and track shared links with Bitly and custom URL shorteners.
- It doesn’t require any user registration. It just works, and no user accounts to manage.
- AddToAny is fully universal, mobile, and responsive that menus react instantly to taps, clicks, and multiple forms of input and device orientations. So sharing on mobile lets you choose between a service’s mobile app or mobile site.
- AddToAny’s lightweight code follows best practices and is optimized to load efficiently.
- Its floating shear bars encourage visitors to share your content with a particular share buttons bar that stays in place as you scroll.
- AddToAny is highly customizable. It supports color & style overrides, event handling, service templates, URL shorteners, custom integrations, usually the next big thing, and much more.
- AddToAny plugins load asynchronously, so your content loads first or in parallel with AddToAny.
Free: AddToAny Share Buttons is entirely free with all of its freemium features. Users can use this plugin without even creating an account.
The Social Media Share Buttons Popup & Pop Up Social Sharing Icons is another widely used best social media plugin for WordPress. It already has more than 200000 active installations, according to WordPreeso.org. Using this, users can add share icons for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, RSS, Email, Youtube, ‘Share’ (including 200+ other social media platforms), and the ability to upload custom share icons of their preference.
This free plugin has a lot to offer. Its responsive icons and animated icons will adapt automatically based on the screen size and render without pixelation, generating a better user experience and usability.
- Its responsive icons will adjust automatically based on the screen size and render without pixelation, creating a better user experience and usability.
- It also has a collection of animated icons which give your social icons a wow effect. You can determine if they should repeat continuously or every 30 seconds, or only once.
- Pick from a vast collection of pre-designed icons and templates for your social media icons.
- Make your social media icons ‘float’ or ‘sticky.’
- It has an automatic ‘counts’ functionality. You can show counts on your social media buttons.
- Its social media buttons can complete multi-task like lead your user to your Facebook page and also allow visitors to like your Facebook page.
- It allows visitors to subscribe to your blog by Email.
- Social media share buttons popup & popup social sharing icons have multi-functioning email icons like following, shear, contact, and link.
- Display a popup and asking people to follow/share you via your social media icons
- Ability to select from many other customization features for your social media icons!
- You can display sharing buttons and social media icons at the end of every post.
- You can also define the position by anchor and margins where share icons should be presented (from top/bottom/left/right), and then have them floating, or stick, still visible when a user scrolls down or not, etc.
- In the premium plan, it has many more settings and options for your social media network icons.
Free: Social Media Share Buttons Popup & Pop Up Social Sharing Icons is free with all of its freemium features. It also offers more features, even more than a paid one.x
Smash Balloon Social Post Feed is another best social media plugin for WordPress on our list. This WordPress social media share plugin is also popular with more than 200000 active installations for vast features collection. By installing it on your WordPress site, visitors can view photos and videos in a popup lightbox directly on your site rather than having to click through to Facebook.
You can display Facebook feeds from a Facebook page or Facebook group where you are an admin with the styles of your WordPress theme or customize as you like. Finally, Smash Balloon Social Post Feed comes with responsive and mobile-optimized Facebook feed layouts that look great on any screen size and in any container width.
- Smash Balloon Social Post Feed used to display Facebook photos and videos in your posts. Including support for HD, 360o, and Live videos.
- Visitors can view photos and videos in a popup lightbox directly on your site rather than having to click through to Facebook.
- You can use the plugin to display Facebook feeds from a Facebook page or Facebook group where you are an admin.
- Smash Balloon Social Post Feed usually adopts the styles of your WordPress theme. Still, your social feeds can be entirely customizable for whatever you like – with tons of options to customize each part of your Facebook posts and feed.
- It can view photos and videos in a popup lightbox directly on your site rather than having to click through to Facebook.
- It comes with responsive and mobile-optimized Facebook feed layouts that look great on any screen size and in any container width.
- It supports unlimited feeds from unlimited Facebook pages. Only you have to use the shortcode to embed as many Facebook feeds as you wish into pages, posts, or widgets anywhere on your site.
- You can choose a layout for your posts – thumbnail, half-width, or full-width.
- It offers the option to check for new Facebook posts in the background rather than on page loads.
- It displays the number of likes, shares, comments, and reactions below each post and shows the latest comments in a drop-down box below the post and/or in the pop-up lightbox.
Pro: $49/year individual
Social Sharing Plugin – Sassy Social Share is one of the free and best social media plugins for WordPress. It empowers your website users to share the content over wall-known social media like Facebook, Twitter, Google, Linkedin, Whatsapp, Tumblr, Pinterest, Reddit, Parler, Gab, and over 100 more social sharing bookmarking services. It has over 200000 active installations, so you can trust it.
Sassy Social Share is the simplest and smoothest social sharing plugin with optimized lightweight code and great-looking vector icons (meaning these load fast, scalable to any size, and are stunning on High-PPI screens (Retina and Retina HD displays)). You can customize free icons in thousands of ways using options available within the plugin. Indeed, it is also compatible with BuddyPress, BBPress, and WooCommerce and integrates Url shortening service.
- It is an entirely free plugin, and You need not pay a single penny to use the features of this plugin.
- You do not need to register/create an account anywhere to use this plugin.
- It has lightweight code to ensure efficient loading and performance.
- Users can customize free icons in thousands of ways using options available within the plugin.
- Its icons are Scalable Vector Graphics, meaning these load fast, scalable to any size, and are stunning on High-PPI screens (Retina and Retina HD displays).
- Social Sharing Plugin icons are responsive and adjusted according to the width of the mobile device using the plugin options.
- It comes with around 100 plus prebuilds sharing and bookmarking services.
- It uses a standard and floating layout for sharing icons.
- Social Sharing Plugin is compatible with BuddyPress, BBPress, and WooCommerce and integrates Url shortening service.
- Users can specify the position of sharing Bar with respect to content – Top and Bottom.
- It supports share counts for Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Buffer, Reddit, Pinterest, Odnoklassniki, Fintel, and Vkontakte.
- It has options to specify sharing icon shape(Square, Round, and Rectangular), color, size(minimum 16 pixels, no upper limit), background color, and logo color.
Free: Free plan
Social Icons Widget & Block by WPZOOM is one of the best free social media plugins for WordPress. It is a unique way to add social icons to your website. It gained popularity for its vast icons collection. It allows you to add quick links to all your social profiles or icons anywhere you want on your website in no time, plus it doesn’t require any special coding knowledge for drag and drop easy setup.
Social Icons Widget & Block supports over 80 social networks. It also has FontAwesome, Retina-ready icons, and color picker integration. You can place your icons in your sidebar, footer, or any of the pages of your site. Lastly, you can rearrange and sort the icons by drag and drop, apply one of the many available styles and customize the icons.
- Social Icons Widget & Block supports more than 400+ Social network custom icons.
- Users can use it by drag and Drop. their massive icons collection is sortable by drag and drop.
- It has Academicons integration where it has 38 academic icons for academics.
- Social Icons Widget & Block supports multiple icon shapes and icon backgrounds (Rounded Corners, Round, Square).
- It also comes with retina-ready icons font.
- Social Icons Widget & Block has FontAwesome and color picker integration.
- It is an entirely free plugin, and You need not pay a single penny to use the features of this plugin.
- Uses can adjust their social icon size and padding.
- It supports searching for icons by keywords.
- It also gives you the options to customize your icons: change margin, padding, alignment, roundness, etc.
- Social Icons Widget & Block supports Gutenberg Block.
Free: Free plan
That was the list of the best social media plugins for WordPress based on different perspectives. I hope you all enjoy the list. Let us know which one you try or set to try after reading this blog, which one seems more accurate yet perfect to you. Also, you can suggest us to add your preferred one if we miss your favored one. Don’t forget to share your valuable opinion regarding the list in the comment section below.