Remember the first time you received a message in your inbox? Probably not, but we’re sure you haven’t forgotten that birthday discount coupon from your favorite retail store.
That’s the outcome of a well-executed email marketing strategy.
Check out the best WordPress email marketing plugins in 2022, engage users and convert them into buyers.
Best WordPress email marketing plugins compared
|Tool||Best for||Free version||Pricing|
|MailChimp for WordPress||Startups and eCommerce websites||Yes||Free plan – basic features|
Hobbyist – $59/month for 1 website, all premium features included
Professional – $99/month for up to 3 websites, all premium features included
Agency – $149/month for up to 10 websites, all premium features included
|SendInBlue||Software and IT companies||Yes||Free plan – unlimited contacts and up to 300 emails/day|
Lite plan – starts at $25/month
Premium – starts at $65/month
Enterprise – Custom pricing
|HubSpot||B2B and B2C businesses||Yes||Free plan – up to 2,000 emails/month|
Starter – $45/month (annual plan)
Professional – $800/month (annual plan)
Enterprise – $3,200/month (annual plan)
|MailPoet||From small businesses to large companies||Yes||Free Premium plan – for small site owners with less than 1,000 subscribers|
Mail Poet Premium Sending Plan – starting at $13/month (annual plan)
Blogger License – $149/year
Freelance License – $249/year
Agency License – $499/year
|Newsletter||Personal blogs and small companies||Yes||Free plan – send unlimited newsletters|
Blogger – $69/year (annual plan)
Agency – $269/year (annual plan)
|OptinMonster||Small and medium businesses||No||14-day free trial|
Basic – $9/month (annual plan)
Plus – $19/month (annual plan)
Pro – $29/month (annual plan)
Growth – $49/month (annual plan)
|Hustle||Businesses of any size||Yes||Free version – basic email marketing features|
Hustle Pro Only – $5/month (annual plan)
SEO & Marketing Pack – $7.5/month (annual plan)
Personal – $15.83/month (annual plan)
What is an email marketing plugin?
An email marketing plugin is a tool that will help you promote your business to your existing and new customers.
With this marketing automation component, you can send personalized emails to your clients such as:
- Welcome emails: first impressions matter the most. Send an email to your new customers to show how excited you are about them joining your brand.
- Newsletters: keep customers engaged with seasonal offers, promotions and other news around the business.
- Review request emails: ask for an opinion. 93% of customers read reviews to determine the quality of a product or service.
- Milestones: celebrate your subscriber’s birthday or a product anniversary with a special offer.
- Re-engagement emails: don’t give up on your inactive customers. Empathize and encourage them to interact with your brand once again.
If you use WordPress to build your site, you’re in luck.
You’ll have a wide range of email marketing plugins to choose from and you won’t need to hire a dedicated development team to implement them. It’s very easy to install a WordPress plugin and get started with email marketing straight away.
Keep reading and discover how to make the right pick for your business website.
How to choose a WordPress email marketing plugin
Once you’ve created an email marketing strategy, it’s time to choose a WordPress plugin to automate your action plan.
These are the aspects you should take into consideration before making a decision:
- The plugin key features
- The plugin integration
- The plugin price
The key features
It seems obvious, but an email marketing plugin should offer complete email marketing tools to its users.
Use a WordPress email marketing plugin that allows you to:
- Build personalized contact lists
- Run A/B tests
- Create email campaigns
- Design email templates with email signature
- Produce marketing reports
Aside from these features, you need a plugin that is easy to use. Keep it in mind when you’re ready to make a choice.
If you use an external platform to manage your email marketing strategy, pick a WordPress plugin that integrates with these tools.
- Do you have a SendInBlue or HubSpot account? Download their official plugins and sync your data on your WordPress site.
- Do you work with Gravity Forms, WooCommerce or BuddyPress? MailChimp for WordPress offers built-in integration with these plugins.
Most WordPress email marketing plugins offer a free version. It may be enough for you, but it all depends on the size of your business and your goals.
Premium plugins come with extra features like multisite management or priority support. The price of these plugins ranges from as low as $10 to +$300 per month.
There’s not a right answer on how much money you should spend on a WordPress email marketing plugin. Manage your budget first and pay only for what you need.
Best 7 WordPress email marketing plugins in 2022
MailChimp for WordPress
MailChimp for WordPress (MC4WP) presents itself as the best MailChimp plugin for WordPress.
This plugin gives you the chance to subscribe your website visitors to your MailChimp lists automatically. Every time a customer fills a form on your WordPress site, the data is sent to your MailChimp account.
MC4WP users highlight its intuitive design, highly customization options and form styling: forms merge with your WordPress site’s theme by default.
You’ll love it if you run an eCommerce business and you want to launch big online campaigns.
- Create unlimited sign-up forms with this popular WordPress email marketing plugin
- Sync your user’s data from MailChimp and WooCoomerce
- Personalize forms without coding
- Get insightful reports and enhance the performance of your site
- Free plan – basic features
- Hobbyist – $59/month for 1 website, all premium features included
- Professional – $99/month for up to 3 websites, all premium features included
- Agency – $149/month for up to 10 websites, all premium features included
SendInBlue is one of the most popular email marketing services out there.
The company offers its users a plugin that integrates CRM, marketing automation, and email marketing features to WordPress sites.
With SendInBlue’s plugin, you can create email lists and build beautiful templates in just a few minutes. Thanks to its drag and drop editor, you’ll be able to move text and media elements instantly on the screen.
SendInBlue upgrades WordPress native’s email sending service. Your email campaigns will drive better results and convert more visitors into customers.
Do you want to manage your marketing strategy from your WordPress dashboard? Download the SendInBlue WordPress email marketing plugin and get started.
- Use a drag and drop editor to easily edit your sign-up forms
- Boost users engagement with the “Send at the best time” feature
- Integrate your SendInBlue account to your website
- Segment your audience by the way they interact with your WordPress site
- Free plan – unlimited contacts and up to 300 emails/day
- Lite plan – starts at $25/month
- Premium – starts at $65/month
- Enterprise – Custom pricing
HubSpot WordPress email marketing plugin is a robust marketing solution for your business.
Use this tool to manage your contacts, build email lists and newsletters with no code. If you’re a beginner, don’t freak out: the plugin has a section with quick tips and video guides for beginners.
With the drag and drop builder, you can create a sign-up form or edit one of the templates HubSpot offers its users. Once you’ve finished the process, just embed the form onto your site.
The CRM integration feature will make your life easier: sync the forms in your website with your CRM contacts and get useful interaction data. Get all the information you need from the reporting dashboards and improve your site’s customer experience.
- Sync your forms with HubSpot CRM
- Add 24/7 chatbots to your website
- Integrate HubSpot with +1,000 apps
- Monitor your actions with advanced analytics
- Free plan – up to 2,000 emails/month
- Starter – $45/month (annual plan)
- Professional – $800/month (annual plan)
- Enterprise – $3,200/month (annual plan)
Send eye-catching emails to your subscribers with MailPoet.
There are many things to love about this WordPress email marketing plugin, but the one that stands out the most are the design options.
MailPoet offers advanced features to build unique emails that blend naturally with your brand image. Import your latest content to your newsletters at the click of a button and inform your subscribers about your latest business updates.
MailPoet is a native WordPress plugin, so it’s very easy to implement it in your CMS. If you own a small website with less than 1,000 subscribers, you can enjoy a free premium version with unlimited emails.
In a nutshell, MailPoet is a great marketing automation solution for WordPress users that want to manage every step of their email marketing strategy.
- Create stunning email templates to increase customer’s engagement
- Send customized emails to your customers (cart abandonment or purchased products mails)
- Send automated welcome emails to your new clients and improve your open rates
- Manage everything from your WordPress dashboard
- Free Premium plan – for small site owners with less than 1,000 subscribers
- Mail Poet Premium Sending Plan – starting at $13/month (annual plan)
- Blogger License – $149/year
- Freelance License – $249/year
- Agency License – $499/year
Its name doesn’t leave room for mystery. Newsletter allows you to send newsletters to your customers from your dashboard.
This free WordPress email marketing plugin offers unlimited subscribers and newsletters with complete tracking and statistics. Build complete email lists, segment your audience and customize responses.
With the premium version, you’ll get one year of access to updates and to +20 pro extensions. Some of the extensions include insightful reports and extended blocks to add media content to your newsletters.
- Monitor your campaigns with advanced tracking options
- Create newsletters automatically based on your blog’s content
- Add a pop-up or subscription bar to your website
- Use the Autoresponder Addon to connect with your customers even when you are offline
- Free plan – send unlimited newsletters
- Blogger – $69/year (annual plan)
- Agency – $269/year (annual plan)
OptinMonster promises to convert your website’s visitors into email subscribers and customers.
The plugin templates are built to maximize conversions. With OptinMonster you can create different types of sign-up forms and content on your WordPress site to get more leads:
- Add gamified wheels to your homepage to promote new products
- Use pop-ups to drive blog subscriptions
- Place floating bars at the top, side or bottom of your site to offer special discounts
As most of the email marketing plugins on this list, OptinMonster has a drag and drop builder to design forms. You don’t need code to customize content; just unleash your creativity and get the most out of your email marketing campaigns.
- Turn leads into paying customers with multiple types of forms
- Choose between +97 templates to build your content
- Use the OnSite Retargeting feature to personalize offers for your audience
- Integrate OptinMonster WordPress email marketing plugin with the best email marketing software( MailChimp, SendInBlue, ActiveCampaign…).
- 14-day free trial
- Basic – $9/month (annual plan)
- Plus – $19/month (annual plan)
- Pro – $29/month (annual plan)
- Growth – $49/month (annual plan)
Hustle is a WordPress email marketing plugin that will allow you to get more contacts to your mailing lists. Similar to OptinMonster, this is a tool to increase your email contacts more than to send emails to your customers.
If you want to grow your email list, edit and implement forms such as pop-ups with Hustle’s editor. You don’t need to be a designer to learn how to set up custom subscriptions forms. Hustle does the hard work for you and gives you access to pre-designed marketing modules.
This way, you can capture data through call to action buttons and analyze your visitor’s behavior. You’re one step forward to turning casual users into recurring customers.
- Create sign-up forms like pop-ups, slide-ins and embeds
- Use fully customizable and responsive templates
- Add social icons to your content and take advantage of Hustle’s advanced sharing options
- Manage contacts and grow your email list with targeted forms
- Free version – basic email marketing features
- Hustle Pro Only – $5/month (annual plan)
- SEO & Marketing Pack – $7.5/month (annual plan)
- Personal – $15.83/month (annual plan)
The email is more alive than ever.
There are billions of users around the world and businesses see it as the most personal channel to communicate with their customers.
A memorable email can help you build trust within your clients and increase sales for your business. Build a successful email marketing strategy for your site with some of the top WordPress email marketing plugins available in the market. These are:
- MailChimp for WordPress
Remember this: customers are more likely to stay loyal to a product or a company that interacts with them. Choose an email marketing plugin that fits your needs and generates leads for your business.
About the author
Dmitriy Maschenko is the head of a division and a Board member at PSD2HTML, a company that offers top-notch web and mobile development services to all kinds of clients, from S&M businesses to agencies and governmental bodies. Dmitriy went all the way from a developer trainee position up to where he is now. With 12+ years of experience in the IT industry under his belt, Dmitriy has a wealth of knowledge to share with his readers. He writes on topics related to business management, website & app development, and everything in between.